Pork Tacos! Whether is carnitas, pibil, chile colorado or chicharron, I love them all! A couple years back I learned to cook pork belly. It definitely makes for some delicious pork tacos. The oven method I use yields a crunchy skin and tender carnitas all in one.
The pork I used on this day is side pork or pork belly. It comes sliced thick and perfect for some tasty pork tacos. I paired it with my favorite salsa cruda. Salsa cruda is a raw tomatillo salsa that I especially enjoy with pork.
Pork Tacos (Pork Belly Sides)
- 2 pounds pork side Pork Belly
- 2 teaspoons Fresh cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Chile powder ancho or guajillo
- Refried beans
- Salsa Cruda
- Cilantro chopped
- Onion diced
- Warm tortillas
- Season lightly on both sides of pork with salt, pepper, garlic and chile powder. Transfer to a wire rack lined with a baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. When ready, transfer pork to oven and bake for 25 minutes. Flip over and bake for another 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and slice or chop for tacos! Serve with salsa cruda, refried beans, cilantro, onion and warn corn tortillas.