Carlota de limon con coco combines fresh lemon juice, sweetened milk and cookies! Yes! You had me at lemon! Oh, then add some creamed coconut into the mix and I am very happy. I believe I was eating lemons at a very early age. Growing up in California with fresh produce being abundant and neighbors with lemon trees in their backyard. Yes, it was easy to enjoy lemons as a kid. To this day, I will typically have fresh lemons and limes available in my kitchen.
In today’s blog post there are photos showing this easy carlota de limon prepared in different style pans. You can choose lemon or lime juice. Both delicious!
Carlota de Limon Con Coco (Lemon and Coconut Dessert)
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 5 ounces creamed coconut optional
- 1 cup fresh lemon or lime juice I used 18 key limes or 6-7 large lemons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- yellow or green food coloring gel optional
- 4 sleeves (packs) Maria cookies
- 7 ounces flaked sweetened coconut
- Fresh Fruit optional
- Whip cream optional
- In the blender, add the condensed milk, evaporated milk, lemon or lime juice, vanilla, creamed coconut and 1/2 of the flaked coconut Blend on high until smooth and doubles in volume.
- Line 13X9 baking pan with parchment paper. Begin with a light layer of lime/milk filling on the bottom. Just enough to cover. Add a layer of cookies. Continue layering until you run out of ingredients. You want to end with the top layer of the milk filling to finish. Top with the remaining coconut.
- Chill for at least 6 hours or overnight. If using the spring form pan use a knife to release the edges of pie from pan before servings. Slice desired pieces and serve with fresh fruit or whip cream.