Don’t let this be a cruel summer! Take a break from that hot kitchen and enjoy the warm summer months with these easy recipes for shrimp ceviche, aguachiles and coctel(Cocktail) recipes!
Cool Things down in the kitchen and prepare any of these tdelicious ceviche recipes!
Make It Your Own!
I encourage my followers to use my recipes as a guideline and make the recipes their own. If you don’t enjoy spicy foods, add less. Like it, add more! This is the fun part of cooking at home.
Shrimp Aguachile With Habanero And Mango!
Chile Piquin Aguachile!
Serrano(Lime In TheCoconut) Shrimp Ceviche
This Screams Summertime!
For those days when it’s just too hot to cook, I crave a chilled ceviche, shrimp or fish, with plenty of fresh lime, hot sauce and avocado! I thought it would be fun to share some videos and blog post from my favorite non cooking shrimp recipes. There will be more to follow!
Mexican Shrimp Cocktail!
You can follow the video version or see the original blog post for Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
Fish And Shrimp Ceviche!
- 2 pounds large uncooked shrimp
- 2 cups fresh lime juice
- 1 cup red or white Onion finely diced
- 3-4 Serrano Peppers finely minced
- 3-4 Mini Cucumbers diced
- 3 Roma Tomatoes diced
- Maggi seasoning or salsa negra hot sauce to taste
- Cilantro to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Avocados diced
- Tostadas or saltines
- Hot Sauce valentina, tapatio
- Peel, clean, devein the shrimp. Rinse shrimp under cold water. Drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Chop each shrimp into 3-4 pieces. Transfer to a glass bowl. Cover with 2 cups of fresh lime juice. Cover and chill for 30 minutes to one hour. Stir shrimp halfway through. Some people prefer to cook the shrimp in lime juice for only 15 minutes. This is totally up to you.
- While shrimp cooks in the lime juice, prep all the vegetables.
- When ready, add the vegetables to the shrimp. Stir well to combine. Season, to taste, with salsa negra, salt and pepper. Cover and chill for until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, serve the ceviche in glass cups or glasses. Add some diced avocado, hot sauce and lime wedge. Serve with tostadas or saltine crackers.