Cafe con Leche Paletas
I love mexican-style paletas! I especially love paletas(popsicles) that remind me of my abuelita(grandmother). I have the most fond memories of my abuelita preparing cafe con leche for us with fresh cow's milk. It really was more milk than coffee, but it was special.
- 3/4 cup coarse ground coffee
- 2 cups water
- 2 inch piece mexican canela cinnamon stick
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 7 ounce can table cream or half n half cream
- Add the water, coffee and cinnamon stick to a sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool at room temperature.Using a coffee filter, paper towels or cheesecloth, strain the coffee mixture into a bowl. Discard coffee grounds and cinnamon.
- Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk and table cream(or hal n half). Pour into paleta molds and freeze overnight.
Tips~ each paleta mold held about 1/2 cup of the liquid mixture. I prepared 6 paletas and pour the remaining 1/2 cup in a small plastic bowl. Dixie cups with popsicle sticks would work as well.
These are the products I used.
As much as I enjoy shooting food pictures, paletas are the most difficult, lol! I am melting!!! Ha, ha, ha!