7 oz spaghetti style rice noodles, cooked
1/2 cup red onion, diced fine
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 serrano pepper, minced
Pepper flakes, optional
1/2 cup poblano strips
1/2 cup red or yellow bell pepper strips
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pound grilled chicken breast, sliced thin
1/2 pound blanced asparagus, sliced
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Juice and zest of 1 large lemon or 2 small
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/3 cup cold water
Parsley or cilantro chopped for garnish
1. Cook the rice noodles. Place noodles in a container or pot and cover with very hot water. Check after 25 to 30 minutes. If ready, drain and rinse with cold water, set aside.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of oil to a skillet and heat to medium/low. After a few minutes, add the onions, garlic, serrano and red pepper flakes. Saute for 5 minutes. Add the other peppers, season lightly with salt and pepper. Turn heat up and saute for 2 minutes.
3. Zest the lemon and set aside. Whisk the cornstarch with 1/3 cup of water and lemon juice until smooth, set aside. To the pan, add the butter, chicken and asparagus. Toss to combine. Add in zest and cornstarch mixture, stir well. Cook for just a minute to thicken the sauce, taste for salt.Fold in the noodles, remove form heat and toss to combine. Fold in the parsely or cilantro, serve right away. Yields 4 servings.
*5 to 7 oz package rice noodles (bean thread or glass noodles) or you can use the Spaghetti Rice Noodles as I did in the recipe above.
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablepoon grapeseed oil
4 tablespoons tamari sauce
1/2 pound shitake mushrooms, sliced
4 tablespoons mirin or rice wine vinegar
3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil or hot sesame oil
1 tablespoon tamari
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
You Will Also Need
2 more tablespoons grapeseed oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup red bell, sliced into thin strips
1 full cup green, red or napa cabbage, sliced thin
Note: I had about 1/2 cup of previously blanched asparagus and I added that as well.
1.Cover rice noodles with very hot water and let sit for 25 to 30 minutes, drain, set aside
2. For mushrooms: In a pan at low/medim heat, add butter and oil. Add tamari and mushrooms to skillet and just do a quick stir. Let mixture sit in pan, without stirring for 6 minutes. After 6 minutes, stir to combine well and cook for 2 more minutes, set aside.
3. In a separate pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil. Heat to medium and saute garlic and red pepper flakes for a minute. Add bell pepper, blanched asparagus, cabbage and sauce. Add noodles and cook just until warm. Fold in mushrooms. Garnish with green onions, sesame seeds and chili oil. Yields 4 servings.