We enjoy this ribeye encebollado(ribeye with onions) so much that I prepared it three times in two weeks! Some recipes are easy, but then some are really easy! We enjoy a good ribeye steak, but when I came across the thin sliced ribeye, I immediately knew I would be preparing this recipe. Delicious and authentic beef tacos are as easy as owning a big skillet, lol! You know that oversized skillet that you have in your collection of cookware that rarely gets used? It was meant for this recipe. Now everytime I do my weekly grocery shopping, I have to keep myself from purchasing more thin sliced ribeye. I just want to eat these beef tacos all the time now!
A little visual to make you hungry! Ribeye Encebollado!
Filetes de Ribeye Encebollado(Easy Ribeye with Onions)
- 1 1/4 pounds thin sliced ribeye filets at room temperature
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 large sweet sliced into thin rings
- 3-4 fresh chiles of your choice serrano, guero, jalapeño
- 1 lime sliced into wedges
- Season the beef lightly on both sides with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, preheat 3-4 tablespoons of oil to medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- When hot, on one half of skillet, arrange all of the sliced onions. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- On the other half of skillet, cook the thin ribeye for 2 minutes per side. Arrange the fresh chiles around the outer edge of skillet to cook. Turn as needed.
- As the ribeye filets are done, pile them on top of the onions that are cooking. All those tasty juices of the meat will flavor those onions even further!
- Once all the beef is cooked, transfer to serving platter. Squeeze on some fresh lime juice. Serve right away with warm corn tortillas and your favorite salsa!
Simple chiles torreados(fried chile peppers), sweet onions, fresh lime and your favorite salsa is all you need to enjoy some super tasty beef tacos today!
I love this idea, my husband doesnt really like onions so ill probably not use so many onions.. cant wait to try it out tonight.
Thank you Viktoria. Try adding some different veggies and mixing it up a bit!
For the first time I bought thin sliced ribeye though at the time had no idea how I was going to cook with it! I said to myself, “I bet Sonia has a good recipe!”..and of course you had the perfect recipe! Made this tonight-was so easy & just so delicious that it’s now one of me & my husband’s favorite recipe! And like you stated, I finally had a use for my extra large skillet! I love all your recipes! Through your recipes & your blogs I’ve learnt so much about Mexican cooking! Gracias Sonia!
That’s wonderful Carin! I do love that recipe! and so does my husband. Some of the best beef tacos ever ate!
I made this with thin sliced beef rib eye and we looooved it! definitely putting this recipe on repeat.
That is my favorite way to prepare it as well. So happy you enjoyed the recipe!
Absolutely love this recipe! I used a separate pan for beef and added to onion/chili mix after.
I also added minced garlic(I could eat garlic in a bowl of cereal)!
I love garlic too Jeffrey! Thank you for the feedback!