We enjoy this ribeye encebollado(ribeye with onions) so much that I prepared it three times in two weeks! Some recipes are easy, but then some are really easy! We enjoy a good ribeye steak, but when I came across the thin sliced ribeye, I immediately knew I would be preparing this recipe. Delicious and authentic beef tacos are as easy as owning a big skillet, lol! You know that oversized skillet that you have in your collection of cookware that rarely gets used? It was meant for this recipe. Now everytime I do my weekly grocery shopping, I have to keep myself from purchasing more thin sliced ribeye. I just want to eat these beef tacos all the time now!
A little visual to make you hungry! Ribeye Encebollado!
Filetes de Ribeye Encebollado(Easy Ribeye with Onions)
- 1 1/4 pounds thin sliced ribeye filets at room temperature
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 large sweet sliced into thin rings
- 3-4 fresh chiles of your choice serrano, guero, jalapeño
- 1 lime sliced into wedges
- Season the beef lightly on both sides with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, preheat 3-4 tablespoons of oil to medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- When hot, on one half of skillet, arrange all of the sliced onions. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- On the other half of skillet, cook the thin ribeye for 2 minutes per side. Arrange the fresh chiles around the outer edge of skillet to cook. Turn as needed.
- As the ribeye filets are done, pile them on top of the onions that are cooking. All those tasty juices of the meat will flavor those onions even further!
- Once all the beef is cooked, transfer to serving platter. Squeeze on some fresh lime juice. Serve right away with warm corn tortillas and your favorite salsa!
Simple chiles torreados(fried chile peppers), sweet onions, fresh lime and your favorite salsa is all you need to enjoy some super tasty beef tacos today!