This recipe for gelatina(gelatine) is pretty straight forward. I guarantee if you show up with this dessert, it will be a favorite! I have to admit that the first time I attempted this gelatina recipe, I was nervous! There is no reason to be nervous. It’s gelatine! Lol!
The hardest part of this recipe is deciding was flavors of gelatine you want to use.
This is my first official gelatine dessert posted on my blog! The first of many, I hope! I never documented any of the others I tried, lol!
Gelatina Mosaico. Mosaic Gelatin
- 5- 3 oz size flavors of jello
- 7 1/2 cups water
- 1 oz gelatin powder Some boxes come with 4 separate packets that equal 1 oz total
- 1 more cup cold water
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 7.6 oz can media crema(table creaor substitute with whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pour your five jello flavors into a square storage container that holds at least 2 cups of liquid.
- Bring five cups of water to a boil. To each jello flavor add 1 cup of boiled water and stir well to dissolve the jello.
- To each jello flavor, mix in 1/2 cup of cold water. stir well to combine, cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until firm.
- When ready to assemble, lightly grease a bundt pan with oil. You can use a spray oil if you have that. Set the mold aside.
- Using a small knife, cut each jello flavor into 12 equal squares. Carefully scoop the jello cubes out into a large baking dish. Set aside.
- Pour 1 oz( 4 packets equal 1 oz) of the gelatin powder into a bowl. Mix in 1 cup of cold water. Stir quickly until dissolved. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- While the gelatin sets, pour all of the milk products into the blender along with the vanilla extract. Cover and blend for a few seconds. set aside.
- Once the gelatin has set and congeled, microwave it on high for 30 to 40 seconds or until it becomes liquid form again. When ready, pour the gelatin into the blender with the milk mixture. Blend for 30 seconds.
- To the bottom of your prepared bundt pan, pour in 3/4 cup of milk/gelatin mixture. Add some some of the cubed jello flavors. Pour in more milk/gelatin. Continue layering until you fill the bundt pan. All the jello should fit. You may have just a little of the milk leftover. Chill in refrigerator overnight.
- Next day, remove gelatin from refrigerator. Gently press the gelatin on the sides so it releases from the pan. Place a large plate over the open side, holding tight , flip it over onto the plate. Slice and enjoy!
I was building this recipe in the evening and was a bit tired. I forgot to capture some still shots! Thank goodness I could capture screen shots from some of the videos I recorded.
I shared this fun recipe with my friends at the community lunch a couple of weeks ago. It was a nice dessert to brighten a cold winter afternoon. Pay it forward any chance you get. In this case I share food whenever I can.