This recipe for gelatina(gelatine) is pretty straight forward. I guarantee if you show up with this dessert, it will be a favorite! I have to admit that the first time I attempted this gelatina recipe, I was nervous! There is no reason to be nervous. It’s gelatine! Lol!
The hardest part of this recipe is deciding was flavors of gelatine you want to use.
This is my first official gelatine dessert posted on my blog! The first of many, I hope! I never documented any of the others I tried, lol!
Gelatina Mosaico. Mosaic Gelatin
- 5- 3 oz size flavors of jello
- 7 1/2 cups water
- 1 oz gelatin powder Some boxes come with 4 separate packets that equal 1 oz total
- 1 more cup cold water
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 7.6 oz can media crema(table creaor substitute with whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pour your five jello flavors into a square storage container that holds at least 2 cups of liquid.
- Bring five cups of water to a boil. To each jello flavor add 1 cup of boiled water and stir well to dissolve the jello.
- To each jello flavor, mix in 1/2 cup of cold water. stir well to combine, cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until firm.
- When ready to assemble, lightly grease a bundt pan with oil. You can use a spray oil if you have that. Set the mold aside.
- Using a small knife, cut each jello flavor into 12 equal squares. Carefully scoop the jello cubes out into a large baking dish. Set aside.
- Pour 1 oz( 4 packets equal 1 oz) of the gelatin powder into a bowl. Mix in 1 cup of cold water. Stir quickly until dissolved. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- While the gelatin sets, pour all of the milk products into the blender along with the vanilla extract. Cover and blend for a few seconds. set aside.
- Once the gelatin has set and congeled, microwave it on high for 30 to 40 seconds or until it becomes liquid form again. When ready, pour the gelatin into the blender with the milk mixture. Blend for 30 seconds.
- To the bottom of your prepared bundt pan, pour in 3/4 cup of milk/gelatin mixture. Add some some of the cubed jello flavors. Pour in more milk/gelatin. Continue layering until you fill the bundt pan. All the jello should fit. You may have just a little of the milk leftover. Chill in refrigerator overnight.
- Next day, remove gelatin from refrigerator. Gently press the gelatin on the sides so it releases from the pan. Place a large plate over the open side, holding tight , flip it over onto the plate. Slice and enjoy!
I was building this recipe in the evening and was a bit tired. I forgot to capture some still shots! Thank goodness I could capture screen shots from some of the videos I recorded.
I shared this fun recipe with my friends at the community lunch a couple of weeks ago. It was a nice dessert to brighten a cold winter afternoon. Pay it forward any chance you get. In this case I share food whenever I can.
I made this last night and followed the instructions but the milk portion did not set and get firm. Maybe I was supposed to add one cup hot water to gelatin? Something went wrong
Hi Araceli, I am sorry your gelatin did not set up. The unflavored gelatin is mixed with tap water that was not hot. Did you use all 4 packets in one cup of water? After it sets up, I microwave it for 30-40 seconds so it becomes liquid again before blending it with the milk products? Not sure why it would not set up. I have had several people prepare this recipe without any problems. Sorry it did not set up for you.
I have the step by step videos on my instagram highlights.
Dolores von ohlen
In the Gelatin Mosiaco. Is it 4 packet of 1 oz.gelatin for the recipe n add tap water.
Dolores, I understand how that can sound confusing, sorry. The box I used was 1 oz total. It came packaged in 4 separate envelopes or packets. I used all four to equal 1 oz.
Sonia in your recipe it says to use 1 oz of the unflavored gelatin but in your comment you asked if I used all 4 envelopes of the gelatin. I only used 1 envelope like the recipe said was I suppose to use all 4 envelopes which equals to 4 oz?
Araceli, I believe the whole box weighs 1 oz, if I am not mistaken. That is why I use all 4 packets for this recipe. The box states 1 ounce on the front.
Then that is where I made my mistake. I only used one packet of the Gelatin. I will try it again thank you
It’s easy to make that mistake. Please do try again and let me know how it goes.
Sonia I made this today and it finally turned out great. Not only is it beautiful but taste as good as it looks. Thanks again
Araceli! Yay! I am so happy!
I’m going to make it tomorrow for Sunday, Mother’s Day, thanks! I’m sure it will turn out great.
Hola Sonia I am thrilled to have found this recipe. I am going to try using one flavor of Jello: Peach and put in some canned (drained) cut up peaches. What do you think? Any tips?
Hi Janet, I have not prepared it using fruit before, but I am sure it will be delicious! I would alternate adding the jello cubes and diced peaches in layers to make sure it distributes evenly.
I’ve tried your recipe this week with great success! I did individual servings versus using a Bundt cake pan and it was perfect. Followed your recipe exactly as written, couldn’t find a grape flavored gelatin so I just double the raspberry flavor. Definitely saving this recipe!
Thank you for the feedback Margarita! I really appreciate it!
Hey Sonia, how big is the bundt mold?
I don’t really know the exact size. It’s an average bundt cake pan that is sold in any store. It’s not oversized. Probably 10 inches
Me encanta sus rectas y la historia atras de ellas. Son fáciles de seguir. Tiene más postres, gelatinas que podría compartir? No sabe lo que me ayudan sus recetas.
Hola Maria! Ahorita no tengo mas recetas de gelatina. Gracias por tomar tu tiempo para comentar. Saludos!
The recipe that I use called for one half cup of water with four packages of gelatin stirred in and let it set 5 minutes. Then microwave it for 45 seconds and pour it into the bowl of evaporated milk, condensed milk and 8 oz of milk. Thin layer with the fruit jello
I am sure that not every single recipe will be exactly the same. My recipe worked fine. Thank you for your feedback.