Cantaritos! The word cantaritos is used to describe the style of Mexican clay glassware used for this cocktail. First thing I will suggest is take the time and squeeze fresh juice! Don’t buy the bottled stuff! It doesn’t taste as good!
A Year Round Cocktail!
Of course we crave more icy drinks during the warm summer months, but tequila cocktails are always in season! Cantaritos remind me of a kicked up version of a classic lime margarita. What’s not to love?
Are You A Visual Person?
I do enjoy watching how recipes come together. Plus I love all the bright colors when I am working with fresh fruits and vegetables for salsa making. Try switching out the squirt soda for other citrus flavored soda or flavored seltzers.
- 8 oz Silver tequila
- 8 oz fresh orange juice
- 4 oz Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- 4 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- Chile Lime seasoning, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 12-16 oz Squirt soda
- Chamoy for rim of glasses
- Fresh slices of orange, grapefruit and lime garnish
- In a large pitcher, mix the tequila and fresh juices. Stir to combine. Mix in 1-2 teaspoons of chile lime seasoning. The salt will be to taste or you can leave it out.
- When you get ready to serve, stir in the squirt soda. Dip glasses(cantaritos) in chamoy and then chile lime seasoning. Add ice and fresh fruit slices to glasses. Pour in cocktail! Enjoy!