Antojito o Botana? Coctel de Camarones(Mexican Shrimp Cocktail)
This kicked up easy recipe for Mexican-style shrimp cocktail is a must for your next gathering! It' s especially refreshing for a summer party.
- 2 cups diced english cucumbers
- 1 cup jicama finely diced
- 1 large tomato or 2 roma seeded and diced
- 1- 2 jalapeno or serrano minced
- 1/3 red onion finely diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 8 oz can El Pato sauce jalapeno flavor
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Maggi sauce if you use this, you may not want to add anymore salt
- 1 tablespoon Cholula hot sauce chile lime flavor or your favorite Mexican hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tajin chile limon powder
- 1 pound cooked shrimp chop 3/4 and leave others whole to garnish
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 mango diced
- 1 more cup of jicama sliced into match sticks
- *More lime hot sauce and tajin(chile limon powder)
In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients listed above(minus the garnishes), including the chopped shrimp. Stir well to combine and taste for salt. Adjust to your liking. Cover tightly and chill for 1 hour. The longer it chills, the better it will taste.
When ready to serve, Divide into 4-6 serving glasses. Garnish with remaining whole shrimp, mango, jicama, avocado, lime, hot sauce and more Tajin powder. Serve with tostadas, chips or saltine crackers.