This is by no means a new recipe. I have been preparing this recipe for at least 30 years! Wow! Lol! I decided that it really needed to have it’s own space and post. I share this salsa with friends all the time. For many years, my friends referred to it as ‘The Green Sauce”. So to this day, we still call it that. It’s just easy for my friends to remember how to ask for it, lol!
The video recipes will vary slightly from the posted recipe, but all of the ingredients are pretty much the same. It can be prepared with all raw ingredients or cooked ingredients.
Tomatillo Avocado Salsa~ Salsa de Tomatillo Fresco con Aguacate, this is always the hit of the party when I prepare it for friends and family. I often prepare it with all fresh ingredients when pairing it with homemade chips. My Mom would prepare a cooked version as well that was awesome with shredded beef taquitos. Go to the end of the blog post to find the link for the Taquitos recipe.
The picture right above is the Avocado Salsa with no tomatillos. It’s extra creamy and loaded with avocado cilantro flavor! I love both versions!
And yet, another slight variation on how you can serve the tomatillo avocado salsa for a taco party!
Tips~ For a Taqueria Style Avocado Salsa, poach the tomatillos, chiles and onions until soft, about 10 minutes. Let cool, then blend as directed with remaining ingredients. This truly yields an extra creamy salsa!
My absolute favorite way to enjoy this salsa is on Taquitos/Flautas! https://pinaenlacocina.com/beef-flautas-taquitos/
Mexican Food Is Delicious! Then The Garnish!
Tomatillo Avocado Salsa
- 6 large tomatillos peeled, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 to 3 serranos roughly chopped
- 1/4 of a white onion chopped
- 2 large avocados
- Generous handful of washed cilantro
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Salt to taste
- For Tomatillo Avocado Salsa, combine all of the ingredients in the blender and blend on high until smooth. Taste for salt. I sometimes will add a tiny bit of water for easier blending.
- For Avocado Salsa, you will use all the same ingredients, minus the tomatillos. You will also add 1 cup of cold water. This one comes out extra creamy!!
Click onto the picture above to see full recipe on how to prepare Beef Flautas/Taquitos on site!