Spicy Cilantro Garlic Shrimp has to be one of the easiest cooked shrimp recipes I have prepared. Even better, cooked on the grill in just a few minutes! Enjoy as is, straight out of it’s foil packet with some tostadas, fresh guacamole and extra lime. Toss with your favorite cooked pasta to switch it up a bit and serve as a light lunch or dinner. I am thinking of trying this same recipe with some scallops soon.
I do not live in the best area for fresh seafood, so when you can find that tasty recipe that really makes the seafood shine, it’s worth a try. This again is one my originally posted recipes seen on the Hispanic Kitchen. Many wonderful and exciting things going on over there. Make sure you check it out soon and look for my new recipes posting all of the time. By the way, this is a great recipe tailgating and if you are lucky, a bonfire at the beach! I can only dream about it for now. #bigsigh #foodieforlife #easyrecipes
This recipe can be adapted to your oven. Follow the same instructions as above. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- Juice of 2 key limes or 1 regular lime
- 4 tablespoons Maggi sauce or Worcestershire
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 habanero minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked or regular paprika
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp cleaned, peeled, leaving tails on is optional
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, minus the shrimp. Stir well to combine, taste for salt. Add in the shrimp and marinate in refrigerator for no more than one hour. You can use this same method for fish filets or vegetables.
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium heat for 10 minutes. You are looking for a temperature between 325 to 350 degrees F.
- Divide the shrimp, including the marinade into two foil packets, fold and seal shut. Place packets onto grill for up to 10 minutes, checking after 7-8 minutes. Remove from grill and let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Yields 4 servings as an appetizer.