Salsa cruda translates to raw salsa. The freshest and fastest salsa recipe I know how to prepare. It is possible that it will take you longer to dice and mince that garlic and onion! Lol!
Here We Go! Salsa Cruda!
Let’s cut to the chase already! Some days I have no intention of documenting a recipe photo by photo. Recording a video seems a lot easier these days.
Raw, uncooked salsa recipes can be prepared with various ingredients. Skies the limit, really!
What Do You Serve This Salsa With?
My favorite way to enjoy this salsa is any time I prepare pork carnitas. Need more tomatillo salsa recipes?
Carnitas! Many More Recipes!
- 6 large tomatillos peeled, washed and roughly chopped
- 2-4 serrano peppers or 1-2 jalapeños, roughly chopped
- handful of freshly washed cilantro
- Juice of half a large lime
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup white onion diced
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- Splash of water optional
- To the blender, add tomatillos, serrano peppers, lime juice, cilantro and salt to taste. Pulse blender until you have a coarse looking salsa. Or if you prefer, blend smoother.
- Pour into serving dish. Taste for salt. Mix in a splash of cool water if salsa is too thick. Mix in diced onion and minced garlic.
- Salsa is best if enjoyed within 2 days, 3 days tops. Keep covered tightly in refrigerator.
You can create this same salsa using roughly chopped roma tomatoes too!
Tried this recipe?Mention @pinaenlacocina or tag #pinaenlacocina!
Would Love to Hear From You