Salmon ceviche, where have you been all my life? Those were the exact words out of my mouth after I enjoyed the first bite just a few weeks ago. Why had I never thought to prepare salmon ceviche is beyond me! I have finally gotten over my fear of the idea of raw fish cooked in lime juice. I know it’s not for everyone, but I rather enjoy it. You will literally spend more time slicing and dicing for this salmon ceviche than it takes to cook it.
- 6-7 ounces fresh salmon filet diced
- Juice of 6 large limes
- 3 inch piece of fresh celery
- 1 clove of garlic sliced
- 1/3 cup red or white onion thinly sliced
- 1 mini cucumber sliced
- 1 habanero pepper seeded and minced
- 1 jalapeño minced
- 1 red fresno pepper. minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro finely chopped
- Sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- You will also need
- Avocado sliced
- Tortilla Chips or saltines
- First dice the salmon and transfer to a bowl. Keep chilled while you prep the remaining ingredients.
- In a small power blender, combine the fresh lime juice, celery and garlic. Blend on high until very smooth. Set aside.
- When ready, transfer the salmon to a non reactive bowl(glass or ceramic). Pour in the lime juice and stir well to combine. Mix in the remaining ingredients. Add as much or as little of the hot peppers to suit your heat level. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let sit for 15 minutes. Ready! Serve with tortilla chips and avocado.
And this is how easy this salmon ceviche comes together!! I cannot wait to prepare it again!