It’s National Margarita Day and I’m in my home state of California, where I am literally surrounded by fresh produce and Mexican antojitos(snacks), like saladitos (dried salted plums).If you grew up like me, eating saladitos, and enjoy margaritas, look no further than this delicious saladito lemon margarita recipe! Keep reading! It gets even better!!
Citrus is abundant in California and I am taking full advantage of it! All I have to do is walk into my sister’s backyard to pick the freshest lemons around. As soon as I saw the lemon tree, I knew I would be pairing fresh lemons with Cazadores Tequila Blanco. How will you be celebrating National Margarita Day?
We all have our favorite Mexican antojitos!
Antojitos Mexicanos! Salted plums(saladitos), spicy and sweet tamarind candies, fresh fruits, especially citrus all pairs well with Cazadores Tequila! Do you prefer your margaritas frozen or on the rocks? Or both?
Do you know how easy it is to prepare simple syrup?
Simple syrup is simply equal parts water and sugar. It’s that simple! Besides citrus, you could add fresh jalapeno, dried chile de arbol and dried hibiscus! Store extra simple syrup in the refrigerator for future cocktails.
It’s not a bad idea to keep a few basic tools for easy cocktail making.
A cocktail shaker, muddler, glass the measures in ounces and coarse salt for when the margarita mood strikes! Muddle, shake and pour!
Every good margarita demands guacamole and chips!
A big bowl of fresh guacamole and or salsa with chips is a must when servings margaritas! Margaritas just pair so well with any Mexican food!!
Saladito Lemon Margarita
- Cocktail Shaker
- Measuring cup
For Lemon Simple Syrup
- 3 lemons
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups organic cane sugar
For Saladito Lemon Margarita
- 3 Saladitos Salted dried plums
- 1 oz lemon simple syrup see recipe
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz Cazadores Tequila Blanco
- extra lemon juice to wet rim of glass
- Margarita coarse salt to dip rim of glass
- extra lemon slices to garnish rim of glass
Lemon Simple Syrup
- Using a peeler, carefully remove the lemon peel from the three lemons. Careful not to include the white part of the lemons. Transfer to a sauce pan. Squeeze in the juice of all three lemons.
- To the sauce pan with lemons, add 2 cups of sugar and 2 cups of water. Bring up to a boil and stir to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat at let cool. Store in glass jar and let sit for 12 hours. Remove lemon peels before using simple syrup.
Saladito Lemon Margarita
- Wet the rim of the glass with extra lemon juice. Dip in coarse margarita salt. Set aside.
- In the shaker, muddle two saladitos with 1 oz. lemon simple syrup. Add 1 cup ice, 1 oz. lemon juice and 2 ounces Cazadores Tequila Blanco. Cover shaker with lid and shake vigourasely ! Pour into salt rimmed glass. Garnish with slice of lemon and one saladito.
This is a paid partnership with Tequila Cazadores. All opinions are 100% my own.