Mangonada! Eversince I can remember, I have always loved fresh mango! These tasty little mangonada paletas are what I crave during these warm summer months. My parents would take us to the big swap meets on the weekends when we lived in California. My favorite antojito would always be the fresh fruit with chile, lime and chamoy. Last summer I prepared a homemade chamoy sauce and it turned out sooo good! Click chamoy to see full recipe. And also every summer, I enjoy preparing paletas using different fruits and other ingredients. I have the best childhood memories of my Dad blending different fruits for agua fresca and very rustic looking paletas.
Before I go any further, I confess that I totally forgot to take any photos of when I was preparing these delicious Mexican antojitos! But if you visit my profile on Instagram, you can see the step by step recipe on my highlights! @lapinaenlacocina
I found these perfect 5.5 ounce plastic cups at a discount store where I live. I originally purchased them to share salsa with friends, but they turned out to be perfect for these mango icy treats! The sticks are sold at craft stores, but I think next time I would use a flat popsicle stick.
Mangonada -Paletas with Mango and Chamoy
- 4 full cups fresh mango chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1/2-3/4 cup sugar
- 6 plastic cups 5.5-6 ounce size
- Chamoy sauce
- Chile lime powder
- Popsicle sticks
- Add the fresh mango, water and sugar to the blender. Blend on high until very smooth. Taste for sugar.
- To the bottom of the cups, pour in about 1 full tablespoon of the chamoy sauce. Pick up the glass and tilt it around so sauce coats the sides glass.
- Quickly add some tajin into each glass so it sticks to the chamoy. Fill each glass 3/4 of the way up with mango puree.
- Sprinkle in a little more chile lime and add a drizzle of more chamoy. Cover with remaining mango puree. Freeze for 1 hour before inserting popsicle sticks. Freeze for 24 hours or more. When ready, let sit at room temperature for 3-5 minutes before pulling paletas from small cups.
The chile lime seasoning and chamoy are readily available at markets that carry a large amount of Hispanic food products.
These little cups of mangonada were such a treat! I just enjoyed my last one 2 days ago! Time to prepare more!
Only a few ingredients and you can be enjoying these once frozen solid! If you cant wait until they freeze completely, grab a spoon!