Finally here is the final chicken recipe in a series of three. One pack of six chicken breast, three different recipes. For the last recipe, I used that wonderful garlic mojo that I had prepared a few weeks before. An overnight marinade and the next day, some of the most flavorful chicken tacos. The garlic mojo recipe was adapted from Chef Rick Bayless and I wished i would have prepared a batch alot sooner. Spend an afternoon preparing some mojo, salsa, tortillas and when the mood strikes, taco night!! Not only was it great for marinating, but I also added it to some cooked pasta for extra flavor. So here’s to another tasty chicken recipe you can add to your menu plan. The next time you come across that great sale on chicken breast, don’t pass it up. Instead, plan ahead!
Garlic Mojo Grilled Chicken Tacos
- 2 boneless chicken breast(1 pound) lightly pounded out until even
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup garlic mojo
You will Also Need
- Oil for brushing grill grates
- 8 Corn or flour tortillas
- Chopped cilantro
- Finely chopped radishes
- Lime wedges
- Grilled serranos optional
- Season the chicken on both sides with with salt and pepper. Place in plastic storage bag or glass dish. Add garlic mojo and marinate overnight.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling. While the chicken comes to room temperature, prepare your outdoor grill. Heat to medium/high.
- Before placing chicken on grill, brush grates with oil. Place chicken on grill and cook 6 minutes per side, closing lid while it cooks. Remove from grill and let rest for 5 to 7 minutes before slicing. Slice against the grain. Yields up to 4 servings for tacos.
Click onto picture above for full recipe on Garlic Mojo.
If the boneless chicken breast are extra large, split it in half or butterfly them. This will make for more even cooking and extra portions.
If outdoor grilling is not your thing, cook the chicken breast on a stove top grill pan or skillet coated (pre-heated at medium heat) with a little olive oil. Sear for 5 to 6 minutes per side. If extra thick finish cooking in a preheated 350 degree F oven for an additional 10 to 13 minutes.
The Garlic Mojo was so falvorful, all I added was some fresh lime, radishes, cilantro and grilled serrano pepper. Tasty!!
Here are the other two recipes. Just click onto picture to see full recipes.
Stuffed Chicken Breast
Dry Rub Grilled Chicken