Easy scallop ceviche! It is so easy to prepare this recipe and the scallops marinate so fast. There was a time when any type of seafood, was a big hurdle for me to cook. But, these days, I find myself preparing all kinds of seafood dishes and finally feeling confident that it will be delicious. Scallops can be tricky when it comes to achieving that perfect sear. The key to that is making sure the scallops have no excess moisture and a perfectly hot pan! For today’s scallop recipe, no need for that perfect sear, just add some fresh scallops and you won’t believe how quickly this dish is done. And again, I am pulling this tasty recipe from my older files to share with you today. I love so much, I have prepared it in various way, no photos…Ate it to fast, lol! Next version, Scallops in Agua Chile, mmmmmm! #foodieforlife #easyceviche
- 12 ounces sea scallops
- 2 roma tomatoes deseeded and diced
- 1 small red onion sliced into thin strips
- 1 small poblano pepper finely diced
- 1 to 2 serranos minced
- 1 cup mango, pineapple or nectarine diced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 large avocado diced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 6 to 8 key limes
- 1 tablespoon chile limon powder
- Salt to taste
- Lay the scallops on a plate and with a couple of paper towels press down gently to remove excess moisture. Cut into quarters and transfer to bowl, set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, add the red onions and all of the juice from both the lemons and limes. Add the scallops to onions and stir gently.
- While the scallops cook and onions marinate, prep the rest of the ingredients, leaving the avocado for last.
- Add ingredients to bowl and you chop, but wait to mix in until done with all chopping. Season with salt to taste. Stir well to combine. The scallops only take 20 minutes to cook in the citrus juices.
- Fold in the avocado, serve with saltine crackers or tortilla chips. Yields 6 servings for an appetizer.
Note: If you do not like nectarines, you could add mango instead. If you wanted to combine other seafood, I would suggest poaching the shrimp or fish in salted water for just a few minutes, cool completely then fold into the prepared ceviche.