I am going to get right to the point! These easy Mexican chicken salad tostadas are addicting! While visiting my sister in Los Angeles recently, I needed a quick and easy dish to share with friends. Inspired by the oversized chicken tostadas, siberia style, from Monterrey, Mexico. They were a hit!
There Are A Ton Of Ways To Prepare Chicken Salad!
I have enjoyed chicken salad prepared in a variety of ways. My favorite is mom’s recipe for ensalada de pollo and this one is second favorite!
I remember there was a day when the thought of producing a video felt so out of my reach! Not anymore!
As a professional food blogger, I am lucky to connect with many brands. Recently, Mexican food brand, La Peñita, reached out to me. This is not a sponsored post, just want to give them a shout out! The tostadas are produce in Nuevo Leon, Mexico. In Apodaca, which is so close to where my abuela lived. I still have family there. Currently their tostadas are available through out the Los Angeles area Northgate and Vallarata markets. They are delicious!
Easy Mexican Chicken Salad
- 2 large, boneless chicken breast 1 1/2- 2 pounds or 4 cups shredded
- 3 Roma tomatoes seeded and finely diced
- 1 cup pickled jalapeños strips sliced thin
- 1/4 c vinegar from pickled jalapeños or to taste
- 11 oz Mexican crema
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large avocados
- 10-12 corn tostadas
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Place the chicken breast in simmering, lightly salted water. Cook at a steady simmer for 35 minutes or until chicken is easy to shred. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate. Using two forks, shred the chicken. Transfer chicken to a bowl.
- To the chicken add tomatoes, jalapeños, vinegar from jalapeños, crema, salt and pepper to taste. Stir well to combine. Taste for salt. Peel and dice one of the avocados and fold into the chicken salad.
- Serve chicken salad on tostadas. Garnish with sliced avocado. cilantro and lime!
Would Love to Hear From You