Cinnamon vanilla bundt cake! You had me at cinnamon vanilla! I literally took my recipe for mantecadas, doubled it and slightly adjusted the ingredients for this cake!
Keep It Short and Sweet!
As I rush to finish this blog post on Christmas eve, I have nothing ready! No tamales, no pozole, no empanadas, nothing! Lol! It will be a busy day in the kitchen for me. I am not including a ton of prep pictures today, but you get the idea.
Transform Your Cake Recipes!
You can literally take any simple cake recipe and add that special touch. Mix in some fresh ground cinnamon, orange zest and vanilla. Even to a simple store bought box cake mix! But it’s so easy to bake a cake from scratch too!
Cinnamon Vanilla Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Glaze
- Bundt Cake Pan
- 1 cup unsalted butter or shortening at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- Zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk at room temperature
- *Bundt cake pan prepared requires 2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp flour
- For The Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons milk
- *1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare the bundt cake pan by rubbing 2 tablespoons of butter or shortening all over the inside. Dust with 1 tablespoon of flour. Shake out excess flour. Set aside.
- In the stand mixer, cream the butter(or shortening) and sugar for a few minutes.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time. Mix in the orange, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix in the salt and baking powder.
- Gradually mix in 3 cups of flour to starts. Alternate mixing in the last cup of flour with the room temperature milk. Do not over mix.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake on the middle rack of preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until a knife come out clean from the center of the cake.
- Let cake cool for ten minutes before removing it from pan on to cooling rack.
- Once completely cooled, transfer cake to serving plate and prepare the glaze by mixing the powdered sugar, cinnamon and milk until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake and quickly sprinkle on sliced almonds.