Doesn’t matter what time of the day it is, I am ready to eat chorizo con huevo! Mexican chorizo scrambled with eggs in a flour tortilla, taco or soft bolillo bread. Either way I decide to serve it up, I am always satisfied. Eversince I was very little, the moment I got a wiff of that wonderful chorizo aroma coming from the kitchen, I would instantly feel hungry! It’s just one of those things. Besides being simple and delicious, it brings back so many memories of home. Growing up we enjoyed many egg and bean dishes. My favorite ones were the ones prepared with Mexican chorizo. Then to top it all off, Mom would prepared homemade flour tortillas. Yes, please!
Chorizo Con Huevo(Eggs with Mexican Chorizo)
- Grapeseed oil
- 1/2-3/4 cup uncooked Mexican chorizo
- 1/3 cup white onion diced
- 1 serrano or jalapeño minced
- 1 large roma tomato
- 6 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat 2 tablespoons of to medium heat in a large skillet. Add the chorizo and cook for 5-7 minutes, crumbling with wooden spoon as it cooks. Add the onions and serrano and saute for 5 minutes. Add the tomato and saute for another few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs together. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Pour into skillet with chorizo. Turn heat down and continue to cook, moving gently with spatula until eggs are set. Serve with flour or corn tortillas. Garnish with grated or crumbled Mexican cheese and fresh salsa.