Choriqueso! What does is mean? Chori is short for chorizo. And queso means cheese! You combine these two ingredients together and you have an instant crowd pleasing appetizer! Are you ready for this easy Mexican recipe for choriqueso? A quick trip to the market and you could be enjoying this dish later today!
Queso Fundido is Choriquesos twin! Prepared in the same manner, but many times queso fundido is baked in the oven. The stove top method is quick and easy! Click the link to see the full recipe for Queso Fundido with Mushrooms and Poblanos!
Choriqueso (Chorizo and Cheese)
- grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 2 serrano peppers sliced in thin rings
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 10 ounces Pork Mexican chorizo uncooked
- 10 ounced Oaxaca or Chihuahua cheese shredded
- Chips or warm tortillas
- In a nonstick skillet, add 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil. Heat to medium.
- Add the onion and serrano pepper to the skillet. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Move the onions and peppers to the outer edges of the skillet. To the center of the skillet add the uncooked chorizo. Cook for 6-7 minutes, breaking down into crumbles and turning as needed.
- Once chorizo is cooked, add the cheese in an even l;ayer over the top. Cover the skillet with a lid, lower heat slightly, and let cook for 6-7 minutes or just until the cheese melts all the way through. Serve right away.
- Serve with homemade chips or warm tortillas(flour or corn)
Chorizo Chorizo! Click link to see recipe! https://pinaenlacocina.com/chorizo-casero-rustic-mexican-chorizo/
Totopos! Homemade Chips! Click link to see recipe! https://pinaenlacocina.com/me-pico-la-salsa-salsa-basics/
Flour Tortillas! Click link to see full recipe on site! https://pinaenlacocina.com/tortillas-a-staple-in-the-mexican-kitchen/
Isn’ this called Fundido or is that something else?
This is a version, but because it quickly cooked in a skillet and not a deep dish in the oven, it is choriqueso. All similar ingredients though.
With queso fundido they most times just add the chorizo previously cooked on top.