Chicharron in salsa verde? Or chicharron in salsa roja? I am not fussy! I will take some of each! This version of chicharron in salsa verde is super easy. Especially if you are in the habit of preparing salsa verde regularly like me.
Chicharron in Salsa Verde
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 Chile Serrano minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde homemade or store bought
- 1 cup chicken broth
- or 1 cup water with 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- 10 ounces chicharrones in a bag or from the mexican carniceria
- In a skillet, add 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil and heat to medium. Add the onions and serrano. Season lightly with salt and pepper and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the salsa broth or water and bouillon. Stir well to combine and bring up to a simmer. Taste for salt.
- Add in the chicharrones. Fold in making sure all the chicharrones are covered completely in salsa. Turn heat to low, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve as a taco filling or with a side of rice and beans. Don’t forget the warm tortillas!
Visit My YouTube Channel For More Quick Tutorials! Pork Chicharron in Salsa Video! Click Link!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8QAXDRbH24
Homemade Chicharrones? Yes!
Homemade chicharrones are not that hard to achieve at home. And not just your crunchy pork skin, but that tender and flavorful carnita underneath the crispy skin. Perfect for a plate of chicharrones en salsa! Click the link to see the full recipe.https://pinaenlacocina.com/pork-roast-recipes-carnitas-chicharron-and-guisados/