Carne Asada and Spicy Mexican Shrimp Cocktail all on one plate? Yes! And yes, please! As I was browsing through pending recipes to be posted I came across this delicious grilled carne asada with spicy Mexican shrimp cocktail that we enjoyed last summer. And why had I not posted it? I have no excuse, lol! It’s just one of those things that happens as a food blogger. You get wraped up in so many different recipes, work and projects that sometimes you have to go back. Sure happy that I did! Below you will find the link on how to prepare this easy Mexican-style shrimp cocktail. it’s delicious just to serve on it’s own as well.
To see the full recipe for this version of Mexican shrimp cocktail, click here! Spicy Mexican Shrimp Cocktail On the original recipe, I boiled the shrimp and added some fruits like mango and jicama. But during warmer weather, it’s all about grilling for us! Whichever method you decide to prepare it, it will still be a tasty dish!
Grilled Skirt Steak with a Spicy Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
- 1 1/2 pound skirt steak
- Weber brand Carne Asada seasoning or your favorite steak seasoning
- Spicy Coctel de Camarones see link above
- Prepare the spicy coctel de camarones. But, instead of boiling the shrimp, you are going to grill the shrimp. Simply season with the same steak seasoning. Drizzle with a fresh lime juice and oil. Grill for 2-3 minutes per side on preheated grill. Let cool, them mix in to the cocktail base. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Season the steak generously wit seasoning and let it come to room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high. If using cast iron skillet, preheat with grapeseed or canola oil a few minutes before ready to cook.
- Place seasoned skirt steak on direct heat and grill for 3-4 minutes per side. This will yield a medium/rare steak. if you like it more well done, leave it on for an extra minute per side. Remove from heat and let steak rest for a few minutes.
- To serve, slice steak, against the grain, on your cutting board. Add a generous amount of spicy coctel de camarones. Serve with warm corn tortillas! Yields 4-6 servings.
Would Love to Hear From You