Carne enchilada is a must for your next taco night! This easy recipe comes together quickly once you carne enchilada(chile marinated beef) has even a few hours to marinate. The basic adobo recipe can be used for many recipes. The key is to combine mild dried chiles with some that are a bit more spicy to give you a more balance of flavors. You can use the same formula to prepare a chile sauce for tamales, enchiladas and pozole.
Anytime I enjoy carne asada tacos or any steak tacos, I crave a fresh, spicy salsa for garnish! This recipe for Jalapeño Cilantro Salsa could not get any easier! The best way to enjoy it is when it’s freshly prepared. It can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Of course I suggest homemade corn tortillas for any steak taco! And the same with the tortillas, they are best when they are fresh! Click Corn Tortillas to see full recipe!
Carne Enchilada-Chile Marinated Beef
Add a little spice to your beef steak tacos with a homemade adobo!
- 1 pound ribeye or milanesa steaks sliced thin
- 1 cup spicy adobo see recipe link below
For Jalapeño Cilantro Salsa
- 3 large jalapeños
- Big handful of cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 C grapeseed oil
- Salt to taste
- Lettuce chopped
- Tomato sliced
- Red onion sliced
- Radishes sliced
- Lime wedges
- Season the thin sliced steaks lightly with salt and pepper. Add a thin layer of adobo to the bottom of a glass dish. layer the steaks, adding adobo on top, as you layer them. Cover directly with plastic wrap and marinate for a few hours or overnight.
- When ready, remove steaks from refrigerator and let come to room temperature.
- For the salsa, add all of the ingredients to the blender. Pulse to blend until smooth. Taste for salt. if you like, you could blend in a small clove of garlic. Set aside.
- Preheat a stove top grill pan to medium/high heat. After a few minutes, drizzle pan with oil. After anothe rminute, grill the steaks, in batches, for 2 minutes per side. Try not to overcrowd the pan. Reserve in a covered idh to keep warm.
- Serve with warm tortillas, salsa and fresh salad ingredients. Tields 4 servings.
This spicy adobo can be used on any of your favorite cuts of meat or seafood! It freezes well and can be stored for up to 6 months frozen. To defrost , let come to room temperature and warm on on until thickened.
For the chile marinade or adobo, I used the recipe on my blog, but added extra chile de arbol to yield a more spicy adobo. Follow the recipe as instructed, adding 8-10 chile de arbol all together. Click ADOBO right here to see the full recipe. The adobo freezes well, so you can store any leftovers in quart size freezer bags.