This is by no means a new recipe. I have been preparing this recipe for at least 30 years! Wow! Lol! I decided that it really needed to have it’s own space and post. I share this salsa with friends all the time. For many years, my friends referred to it as ‘The Green Sauce”. So to this day, we still call it that. It’s just easy for my friends to remember how to ask for it, lol!
Tomatillo Avocado Salsa~ Salsa de Tomatillo Fresco con Aguacate, this is always the hit of the party when I prepare it for friends and family. I often prepare it with all fresh ingredients when pairing it with homemade chips. My Mom would prepare a cooked version as well that was awesome with shredded beef taquitos. Go to the end of the blog post to find the link for the Taquitos recipe.
The picture right above is the Avocado Salsa with no tomatillos. It’s extra creamy and loaded with avocado cilantro flavor! I love both versions!
Tomatillo Avocado Salsa
Two easy, easy, no fuss, delicious avocado based salsa recipes! One with tomatillo and one without! Both tasty!
- 6 to 8 to matillos peeled, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 to 3 serranos roughly chopped
- 1/4 of a white onion chopped
- 2 large avocado
- Generous handful of washed cilantro
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Salt to taste
- For Tomatillo Avocado Salsa, combine all of the ingredients in the blender and blend on high until smooth. Taste for salt. I sometimes will add a tiny bit of water for easier blending.
- For Avocado Salsa, you will use all the same ingredients, minus the tomatillos. You will also add 1 cup of cold water. This one comes out extra creamy!!
Both of these salsa recipes are near and dear to my heart. Could not imagine enjoying a plate of shredded beef flautas with one or the other! Must have!
Tips~ For a Taqueria Style Avocado Salsa, poach the tomatillos, chiles and onions until soft, about 10 minutes. Let cool, then blend as directed with remaining ingredients. This truly yields an extra creamy salsa!
My absolute favorite way to enjoy this salsa is on Taquitos/Flautas!
Click onto the picture above to see full recipe on how to prepare Beef Flautas/Taquitos on site!