Still on the fence? Red or green? Red or green chile that is. If I was forced to choose and only then would I have to choose green chile, but just by a teeny, tiny, only measured by Nasa margin! Lol! There are some recipes like Mom’s red chile pork tamales that green chile could not even touch. But then there’s my favorite pork green chile or the shredded beef and potato in green chile. Bring on the homemade flour tortillas! I share with you today a collection of recipes featuring green chile as the main ingredient, the star, if you will. Buen Provecho!
I was so excited to walk into my favorite market and the first thing I see! Hatch Green Chile Peppers! Picked up 5 pounds, should have picked up 10! LOL!
To see full recipes just click onto the picture of choice and it will take you to that page.
Pork Chile Verde
What can I say, but roll mine in a big burrito! Lol!
Chile Relleno de Queso
In that warm sauce….to die for.
Chile Verde Sauce
I have my spoon ready!
Chicken Chile Verde
Can you see that steam coming off that dish of green chile?
Green Chile Vegetable Pozolé
Add a few grilled shrimp on top and call it the best green chile posole!
Green Chile Beef and Potatoes
This is where a nice 14 inch burrito size tortilla from Ramona’s in L.A. comes in handy!
Green Chile and Cheese Soup
Green Chile & Cheese Soup w/ Smokey Croutons
Green chile and cheese, delicious! Add chorizo and kick it up a notch with all that extra delicious flavor!
- 4 cups diced white or red potatoes
- 1 small sweet onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 small can hominy optional
- 2 cups roasted green chile diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup queso fresco crumbled
- 1 cup cooked Mexican chorizo
- Cilantro and green onions for garnish
"For Smokey Croutons"
- 3 bolillo rolls cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Olive oil
- 1.In a large pot, add 2 tablespoons of butter with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat to medium heat. Add the potatoes and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Then add the tomatoes,corn, hominy, green chile,cumin, and broth. Bring to a boil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cook the chorizo and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to remove excess grease, set aside.
- 3.In a large bowl, add the bread and lightly drizzle with olive oil and season with smoked paprika, cumin,garlic, salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- After the soup has had a chance to simmer and potatoes are done, heat the cream for a few seconds in the microwave and then add it to the soup. Cook for another 10 minutes, taste for salt.
- To plate, add about 1/3 to 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella to the bottom of bowl. Ladle hot soup over the cheese, top with a few croutons, chorizo, queso fresco, green onions and cilantro. Yields up to 8 servings.
You need a good melting cheese for the bottom of the bowl…and a BIG spoon!
Chile Verde Beef Picadillo-Enchiladas!
Perfect for tacos or enchiladas or with a side of fideo sopa.
Pork Chile Verde With Potatoes and Without!
I think the addition of the fried potatoes adds great flavor and stretches this dish for a larger crowd.
Green Chile and Cheese Tamales
My oldest sister Chris taught me how to prepare this delicious combo. She stuffs a whole green chile with cheese for special order tamales! Huge hit!
Chile Verde Pork Pozole~This one was prepared with poblano peppers, but can easily be switched out for Hatch!
Prepare this one two days before you serve it. The flavors only get better and better!
Roasted Chile Chilaca, Poblano and Jalapeño with Crema and Queso