Fresh pizza dough prepared in your own kitchen in 60 minutes. I know it’s just as easy to frequent your local favorite pizza shop, but why not serve one fresh out of your own oven? When I think back how I used to rarely prepare pizza at home because only homemade dough would do. I can’t even remember where I found my first recipe for preparing pizza dough, but it seems like it took longer than I was willing to wait for it, lol! These days, I pop into my kitchen in between housework and blogging and in 20 minutes, more or less, my dough is ready for the 60 minute rise time. Check out my last pizza dough session. Fresh ingredients leads to delicious dishes!
Chile Lime Shrimp Pizza
Chile Lime Shrimp Pizza-Easy Homemade Pizza Dough
Preparing pizza dough from scratch is much easier than you think. I about one hour your fresh pizza dough is ready for the oven! And once ready, you can get creative with the toppings like this Chile Lime Shrimp Pizza!
- Olive oil
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 fresno pepper
- *slice all the peppers into thin rings
- salt and pepper
- 2 limes 1 sliced into thin round slices and the other just sliced in half
- 6 large shrimp cleaned and peeled
- 12 oz. pizza dough
- 1/3 cup pizza or pasta sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- 12 oz. pizza dough recipe follows
- chile limon seasoning Tajin
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet and heat to medium. Add all the peppers and season lightly with salt and pepper. Saute for 6 to 7 minutes, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, add 2 cups of water, 1 teaspoon of salt and juice of 1/2 a lime. Bring to a boil, drop fresh shrimp in and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or just until they turn pink. Remove from water and let cool.
- I used my hands to form a 12 inch round pizza, brushed it with oilve oil and pre-cooked it on my stove top grill pan for 2 minutes per side. I did this so that when I cooked the pizza with shrimp topping would not overcook from being in the oven too long. You could also pre-bake it in the oven until golden.
- Once you pre-cook your crust, add the toppings in this order. Sauce, cheese, thin lime slices, peppers and shrimp. Season the shrimp with a little chile limon powder before baking. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven just until cheese has melted. Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime juice. Yields 4 servings.
Fresh Pizza Dough
1 packet active dry yeast
1 cup warm water (105 to 110 degrees)
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
2 1/2 to 3 cups bread flour, sifted
1. In a large bowl, add the yeast, water and honey. Stir gently and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. While you are waiting, sift the flour and set aside. When ready, to the yeast mixture, add salt, olive oil and 1 cup of flour. Stir well to combine. Gradually add in enough flour until smooth, soft dough forms. Knead it on a flat surface for a few minutes. Transfer to a greased bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm spot for 40 minutes.
3. After the first hour, punch the dough down. Divide into 2 balls (12 ounces each). Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place a couple of toothpicks on each dough ball. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise for another 20 minutes. Pizza dough is ready to use or store in refrigerator for 2 days.
Tips~ If you wanted to add a little more flavor the the dough, you could add 1/2 teaspoon each of garlic and onion powder. And for a little bite, 1 teaspoon red pepper or jalapeño pepper flakes.