One of the foods I associate with gameday are chicken wings. And not just any chicken wings! I crave spicy adobo chicken wings! Preparing wings can sometimes seem like too much work. This easy one skillet recipe could not be any easier. The results are a moist, flavorful hot sticky wing.
Spicy Adobo Chicken Wings
Easy spicy adobo chicken wings prepared in one skillet. No deep frying or excess oil.
- 3 pounds chicken wings if frozen,defrost a couple days ahead in the refrigerator
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chile ancho powder
- 1 teaspoon chile de arbol cayenne or chipotle powder
- Grapeseed oil
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed chile piquin or red pepper flakes
- 1 jalapeño sliced thin
- 1 red fresnos chile sliced thin
- 1/3 cup maggi sauce or soy sauce
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3-4 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 cup previously made adobo sauce see link below
- Chopped Cilantro
- thinly sliced chile peppers
- lime wedges
- Pat wings to remove excess moisture with a couple of paper towels. Season with salt, pepper and chile powders on both sides. In a large skillet, preheat 4 tablespoons of olive oil to medium/high heat for 3 minutes. Sear and brown the chicken wings on both sides, turning and rotating the wings in the pan as needed. This takes about 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat slightly and add the garlic, chile piquin and fresh chile pepper slices. Stir fry for 1 minute. Quickly add in the maggi sauce, vinegar, agave and ancho sauce. Stir well to combine and cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Cover the skillet after 10 minutes and cook for another 10 minutes. Again, uncover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the sauce reduces and thickens. Place wings under preheated broiler on high for 2-3 minutes. Before serving, garnish with fresh lime juice, cilantro and sliced chile peppers.
This is my first post on my new and improved blog! Baby Steps! These wings are finger licking good!!